News of Orange - Price in top 10 of Democrats' Annual Online All-Star Competition
From staff reports
Rep. David Price (D-N.C.) placed eighth out of 223 competitors in the Twitter portion of House Democrats' Member Online All-Star Competition; his feed @RepDavidEPrice added 772 new followers over the three-week contest aimed at reaching out to constituents on social media. The Democratic House members—and Democratic social media feeds administered by House standing committees and caucuses—gained more than 139,000 new social media followers during the contest.
Price's most popular tweet, "Quick show of hands—retweet if you agree Americans have a right to know who is trying to influence their vote. #DISCLOSEAct" has been retweeted more than 260 times since it was posted in July as the Senate considered the DISCLOSE Act. Price also placed second in the YouTube competition aimed at adding new channel subscribers. Price's YouTube channel is online here.
Price has used his Twitter feed to highlight a range of topics relevant to Fourth District constituents, including:
• A floor speech and follow-up media interview on sequestration and the fiscal cliff.
• The opening of a water reclamation project for which he secured $3 million in federal funding.
• Announcing a grant addressing veterans homelessness.
• Breaking analysis on the impact of the Affordable Care Act in North Carolina.
• Resources on his website at www.price.house.gov.